Thursday, May 29, 2008

Talent Night? - by yafu

" Talent Night "
What do you think Talent Night is?
Or should i put it in this way, What is Talent Night to you?

Perhaps for some people, they might think that TalentNight or TT Night is for those who can sing and dance... But for me, I strongly feels that this programme, as a part of orientation, must serves as a tool for freshmen to get familiar with UTAR and to get networking with other freshmen as well as their seniors.

I understand that for the past few years, ALL TT night will go thru audition before having training classes... However, this year, I do make a big changes... I'll have classes before audition...

Why?
I believe that a freshmen, or should i say a young adult, no matter you are talented or not, should learn to communicate with others... Talent Night is not only a place for you to show your talents, but it is a place for you to show your attitude as well... How well are you prepared to become an undergraduate? I quite agree with KokJoo that "Usuallyt talented people do not have attitude!" Ya, but not all... I've been seeing a lot of "talented" people throughout my life... Yes, they usually do not have such attitude... How many of you can really survive, can really stay until the very end? Or you just grumble or blaming before you have your last try?

I wonder, if last time, there's somebody willing to teach me how to sing, how to dance and how to act, i would be grateful to him/her...

Talent Night this year is totally different than the past few years...
Why?
1. This year's TT NIght is an inter-faculty competition!
You won't understand what is the feeling whenever your boss tells you to go sg.long or setapak to have meeting... Is that so easy? Do you know the distance? How many times we can go there and here to meet each other?
2. This year's competition is on the 3rd week's wednesday!
Haha~ This is something really tough! Why? Usually TT Night is on the 5th or 6th week. Everything wont be running if, 1stly, school hasn't reopen; 2ndly, orientation week's programme haven finish! Haha~ Well, this is indeed a big big challenge for me!
3. This year's TT Night for PJ Campus is having classes for all...
Haha~ Who would do such things? Some people may ask, is it a waste of time? I would answer, this is much more meaningful than juz a pure competition. And i do believe that if you can walk, you can dance; if you can talk, you can sing; if you can communicating with everyone everyday, you can act... Someone/somebody juz need a chance... If we just kill them off with an audition, it is unfair to those who wanted to try and grab a chance...
4. This year's TT Night searches for multi-talented contestant!
Why? If you juz need to train one talent, let's say singing, we have Music Club; if you juz need to train acting, we have DRAMA Society; if you need to train dancing, obviously we have DANCE Club... and they usually have thier own competition! However, personally i do not think that is it easy to find a multi-talented contestant! If it is easy to find, why should we call it a "Talent Night"? If we are juz finding a single talent, we might as well organize a singing competition or...

I do believe if we wanted to do something, we need to do it meaningful and with an aim... If not, it's useless for us to do it... However, I believe that where there's a will, there's a way!

My time for appointment: -
Monday to Friday, totally free! As long as you sms or call me!
I will share with you all my singing skill and staging experience...
you may also contact me at yafu.fan@gmail.com or fyafu@hotmail.com

Thanks Jolin for spending her valuable time with us! Thanks a lot...
I do hope everyone enjoy this event! ^^
Me myself really enjoy my time spending with my committees...

Samantha = Elegant & Presentable
Soo Li = Hardworking & Determined
Ann Chee = Cute & Understanding
Kok Joo = Helpful & Kind
Bel = Leadership & Smart
Hon Tong = Nice & Easy Going
Pey Jiee = Creative & Witty
Jorene = Friendly & Dependable
Luo Xuan = Tolerant & Considerate
Xin Yee = Extraordinary & Special
Chee Ho = Passionate & Systematic
Chen Fui = Simple Minded & Pure
Steven = Brave & Crazy
DC = Handsome & Lively


See ya in the finals!

^^

wanna sleep lo~
p/s: drink more water and rest more... yer, juz now i went sooli's house, got ghost!!! those ghost like sooli a lot~ keep follow her~!~!~!

No comments: